Installing KAB Thrust Plate Wax Mod
In Technics SL 1200
- Remove the platter.
- Remove plastic motor cover. 5 screws
- Remove motor board. 3 screws around motor stator, 3 screws around
- unplug pitch control cable on right side of circuit board.
- raise circuit board and remove spindle assembly and set aside.
- Place one peice of wax into the base. (see picture above).
- Warm with a hair dryer to soften the wax.
- Push spindle assembly down into into base obseving the key way in
the picture above.
- Reassemble by reversing the procedure.
This mod while inexpensive, adds additional foundation to the stock
thrust plate thus strengthening it.
Back To 1200 Service Page